June 12, 2013

Family and Spanish days

Last weekend my mother and sister visited me. It was my birthday on Sunday and so they had a great reason to cross the sea. I was really happy to see them again and so were they. But they weren't the only visitors. Miguel invited four friends from Spain and one from Malmö (south of Sweden). Although it got quite crowded in our flat we managed it. My mother and sister slept in my room on an air mattress which meant that there was no place left for anything. Just look at the picture.

my room
The weather was very nice during the weekend with a lot of sun and nearly no clouds. I showed them the city and we were walking around a lot. My sister knew Linköping a bit because she brought me here with my father last year but for my mother everything was quite new. She was surprised how big the city was but I think that was just because I told her the city is not that huge (of course in reference to Berlin). Monday, we went to Stockholm to visit the city until my mother and sister would fly back home.

street in Stockholm
Now, I'm in the flat with 5 Spanish guys. Unfortunately Miguel is the only one who speaks English and that's why it feels a bit strange for me. I'm really happy that I can communicate in different languages. Otherwise traveling would feel very limited.
My Swedish lessons ended two weeks ago because Hanna, our teacher, will move to Copenhagen. It's a first thing that ends and I feel that also the end of my year is coming soon. Of course, there are three months left but according to the last months I know how fast time goes by, especially if it is summer and you travel and I plan to travel a lot during July.