May 13, 2013

Spring is coming to Sweden - finally!

Two weeks ago Owen visited us. He was a volunteer two years ago and came back to say hello to everybody. Coming to our flat he said that everything looks exactly the same and I think he really enjoyed remembering all the stuff that happened in his year here in Linköping.

Swedish house
The feeling of coming back after two years must be really interesting. Anyway, it was nice to talk about EVS and his experiences and compare it with our situation right now.

more Swedish houses
Let's focus a bit more on the headline and let me talk about the Swedish spring. About one month ago we had the last snow here in Sweden. After that, it got a little warmer but it was still cold. Then, from one day to the next the temperature went up 10 degrees. I didn't expect such a strong change but now it seems to be spring.

street with trees
The temperatures feel a bit like summer but I'm still missing one thing and that is green trees! They are slowly getting green now but if I take a look at facebook pictures of my friends in Germany it still looks a bit like winter here.

first green leafs
But maybe it's easier to have a look at the pictures than to follow my scattered thoughts. I took the pictures yesterday cycling around in the area round Linköping and I was once more completely taken with the Swedish nature. I have to say that you can only receive a rough expression of the landscape enjoying the pictures. Like always, being in the scenery is even more beautiful.

one of Sweden's countless lakes