April 11, 2013

Linus' visit

After Enrico left it was just a few days my next friend arrived. The easter weekend was coming and so it was the perfect time for him to visit me because Friday and Monday were free days for me. With Linus, I did a lot of things. We made music together, visited Norrköping, spent time in the café and lost a lot of money in pubs and bars. But it was it totally worth because there, we got to know new people every time. One day we hung out with ice hockey fans and nearly went to a match (unfortunately we were too late to get tickets), one day we went to a birthday home party we were invited to spontaneously right after the bar closed and other days we were just chilling.

Museum of Work in Norrköping
We were lucky because the weather was pretty great all the time (and it still is). Maybe spring in Sweden will come yet again.

industrial city centre of Norrköping
The highlight of our time together was Stockholm. We went there last Friday and stayed till Sunday. We booked a youth hostel in Södermalm (borough in the south of the city centre) and had tons of fun. Because I forgot my house shoes at the mid-term-training we had to go to Kärsögården to get them back. That was no problem and so we also had time to meet Stefan, one of the guys I met at the mid-term-training. A friend from Germany was just visiting him and so we spent the afternoon together. A Swedish friend of him joined us too and so our little group went to a café to have some fika.

our group on Gondolen (without me, I took the picture)
After that we went for a walk through the city centre and visited Gondolen which is an old elevator in the centre that connects two city boroughs which are on different levels. Going there we had a great view over Stockholm.

view over Stockholm from Gondolen
In the evening, we searched for a good bar and after walking around a bit we saw one that was called "Bahnhof" (German for station). Hanging around in the bars I noticed that the Swedes start to go out later than the Germans. Compared to bars in Berlin I felt quite young in the Swedish ones.

street in Stockholm
A surprise for me was also that I saw the barkeeper drinking "Club Mate" which I thought is only available in Germany. It is a non-alcoholic mate-flavoured drink and ordering it and taking the first sip tasted a bit like being back in Berlin.

street in the old town of Stockholm
The next day, Linus had to go up at 3:30 am to catch his bus to the airport. The plan was to say goodbye and to get some sleep afterwards. But unfortunately, we didn't book a private room and so it was impossible for me to sleep because we had a roommate that was snoring all the time. As a matter of fact it wasn't snoring. He was more making impossibly loud noises I guess no one else is able to make. And so, some hours after trying to sleep I took the train back home to good ol' Linköping.

view of Stockholm from a bridge
After Linus' visit I was a bit tired but very happy that we used every time we had the best way you could. In the evening I slept immediately and for 12 ours.

Stockholm by night